TinyLittle Password Keeper is, as the name implies, a tiny software for securely saving all your passwords in one place. It has the following features:
- Save password file with a master password.
- Encrypt all data before saving.
- Option to further encrypt passwords.
- Ability to search for passwords.
- Save multiple accounts/passwords for a single site.
It exports all data to a simple XML file. The data itself is encrypted. All encryption is done using TripleDES encryption.
I made this software primarily as a case study in encryption, user interface design and data storage.
If you want to study the source, take these factors into consideration:
- The decomposition of code into projects, files, classes and methods
- User interface (Placement, size accomodation, interaction)
- Encryption in TripleDESEncryption class
- XML save/load in serialization class (although this isn’t strict serialization)
Leave me a comment if you have suggestions for improvement or if you find something wrong. I may not fix it but it’d be nice to know.
I don’t care if this software blows your computer up. Don’t use it if you’re going to whine about it later.